Saturday 14 April 2018

Pushing the Boundaries

I'm pushing it. I know I am. I have an assignment due on Tuesday. It's Saturday night, and I have wasted today completely. Oh, not completely. I completed a quiz this morning. But aside from those twenty minutes, I've done nothing except play games and create audio mixes on Ambient Mixer (another plug: ambient-mixer.com is incredible, and perfect for creating that perfect background study sound).

But that's beside the point. The point is, I've spent all day doing nothing. I'm heading to bed now, since our church service is early tomorrow morning, which means I have a few hours tomorrow, a few hours Monday (because I'm working all day), and a few hours Tuesday (because I'm at uni all day). I still need to get all my research together for this! Oh, that was so silly of me. And the whole time I knew this would come back to bite me. I have no one to blame but myself.

I'm not worried, though. This part of the assignment is 400 words, so research really is the only thing I have to tackle. For me, writing the words is super easy. The pain in the neck is finding the literature to back it up.

I think I was procrastinating today because I've found some authors that I would like to reference, but I need to actually read their stuff. And I haven't read for a long while. I used to be a bookworm, but one day I finished a book, put it down, and never bothered to pick another up. I think it ruined books for me. Yes, I'm looking at you, The Lord of the Rings... Anyway, I'm getting off-topic again.

Well, I had better work out my plan for tackling the rest of this assignment. I should have enough time between the morning and evening services to get most of the hideous reading done. After all, it's early service tomorrow morning, so I gain another two hours afterwards. And then it shouldn't be too much of a deal to write it up on Monday night after work, finalising everything on Tuesday. My goal this semester was to not hand anything in late, and so far I am making that goal! That is, four assessment pieces submitted so far with a success rate of 100% for being on time or early! Last year I I only submitted two things on time, and one of those had an extension anyway, so it doesn't count. So I am so excited to be meeting my goal so far! I can't let this assignment break this streak!

Anyway, I should be getting to bed. No good sitting up all night writing out plans, if I'm not rested enough to carry them out!

~SA

No comments:

Post a Comment