Wednesday 25 April 2018

The Persistent Dark

I had quite a good day today. I got the filming done for my next assignment, which means that the hard part is done. I spent the day with two of my good friends. All-in-all, it wasn't a bad day.

But it just lurks in the background, waiting for any opportunity to rear its ugly head. As soon as I'm alone for a few moments, that feeling starts coming back. It doesn't even need to voice itself anymore. I recognise the feeling before it speaks its words.

No matter, I'm not going to focus on that. I'm not even going to focus on the long list of assignments that are decorating my whiteboard. I'm going to focus on what I have done, and the very next step. If I look at everything, I'll be overwhelmed and give up. But in this way, I can see that I've made a little step, and that I can make another little step. If I can break down assignments like this, I no longer have a pile of assignments staring at me, but rather, a series of small, easy-to-manage tasks that don't take up too much time.

***

My friend bought an electric piano this week, and she has been using it as a reward, since I am so in love with music. We've set up a schedule when I'm over: work and study for half an hour, then music break for five minutes. It seems to be quite effective, so I'm thankful for that. Perhaps I should do all of my assignments there. No, that won't work. She doesn't have internet, which will pose a problem. But as for typing and drafting, that doesn't tend to require research (and thankfully so - research is always my least favourite part of assignmenting. I have no idea where to start!).

Hmm, this feeling deep inside me doesn't look like it will let up any time soon. Perhaps I should just take an early night, and start again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment